Saturday, May 23, 2015

Steps after stimulation meds

After I went in for the lab and ultrasound today, I received a call from my IVF coordinator. It looks like there will be many follicles to remove, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. She told me that my retrieval will be on Monday at 8:45am. I need to take my Ovidrel shot tonight at 8:45pm. She also reminded me that I need to start taking a pill for eight days to prevent ovarian hyper stimulation. I will be starting those pills tonight right before I go to bed since she said people complain of feeling dizzy after taking it. In addition, I start the antibiotics tomorrow, and will be taking those twice daily for five days. She also reminded me of the importance of drinking water and recommended that I also get Gatorade to keep hydrated. I am currently drinking at least 96oz of water. This is lot of water for me especially since I weigh 122lbs. I am drinking almost 4/5 of my weight! The water keeps me feeling full so sometimes I forget to eat because I don't get hungry, not good! I am praying that my retrieval goes well, and not only for many follicles to be removed, but that most of them have good quality eggs in them, and that most of those eggs get fertilized properly. By the way, I have a date for the transfer! It is scheduled for Thursday, May 28th. I am super excited! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment