Saturday, May 23, 2015

Stimulation Meds

If you have been wondering what happened with my cycle, here is the update. The lupron shots were not bad at all (second time giving myself the Lupron shots because we had to cancel first cycle due to a death in the family). I am now well into my IVF cycle in terms of medication. I have to say that I was very nervous at the beginning, especially since I didn't want anything to go wrong. It is not as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, there are days when the shots hurt especially the Menopurt. I also have a few bruises, but mainly because I inserted the needle wrong. I didn't get my first bruise until day 6 of stimulation. I think so far so good. For those of you who are wondering which shots I take, I take Lupron (started with 10 units, but once I started the stimulation shots it went down to 5 units), Menopur (75 units), and Follistim (150 units).  I only took Follistim for 6 days because my Estraidol was where it needed to be after 6 shots. So yesterday and today I only did two shots. :-)  I have had to go in five times for ultrasounds and blood. I am doing great, so today will be my last day of stimulation, so all in all-- 8 days of stimulation meds. My retrieval will be on Monday, Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment