Thursday, April 23, 2015

Back at it...

It has been three months since my last IVF attempt, and I am back at it again.  Right now, I am taking my contraceptive pills. I have to take them for three weeks. (By the way, after getting my period regularly every 32 days for the past 11 moths, after I took the last pills, my period did not come back until day 49 of my cycle.)  Then two weeks after taking the pills, I am going to start the Lupron shots again. I have to give myself the Lupron shots for 11 days, and then I go in for a baseline ultrasound and blood work. If everything is fine, I start giving myself three shots a night starting the day of my baseline ultrasound and blood work.  I must say that since this is going to be the second time that I will be giving myself the Lupron shots, I am not as nervous about the shots.  I know that in a few weeks I will be giving myself the three shots a night, but it doesn't scare me as much as it did when I first saw the big bag of medication. I just hope that this cycle goes smoother than the last one, and that I will be able to go through the entire protocol without any awful news.

No comments:

Post a Comment