Thursday, April 23, 2015

One Mango Margarita, please!

Well, from the tittle of this blog you can deduce that my third IUI did not work.  I am so bummed, but part of me is also hopeful because we are moving to the next step.  Every time we have to do a new IUI or more tests, I just think that I am closer to having the baby that we so long desire. I know that it is not the place where I thought I would be, but it is where I am and I might as well look at the bright side of it.
My husband and I went to the IVF class.  I was taken aback when I was sitting in class and the IVF coordinator was talking about how to administer the different shots.  While sitting in class, I zoned out because in my mind I thought why should I learn how to give myself all these injections if I am only going to need to give myself one.  I will just ask the IVF coordinator whenever I get my IVF plan.  Luckily during the meeting, it ocurred to me to ask "When would we know which shot we will be giving ourselves?" And to my horror the coordinator said, "You will be giving yourself all three shots." Three shots? Really? I thought that all I would be doing would be one shot a night.  When I met with the coordinator to talk about my IVF plan, I had to ask her to show me how to do the shots one more time. She also mentioned that in the IVF packet information I can find a website which shows you how to give yourself each shot. That was such a relief to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment