Thursday, April 23, 2015

Meeting with our fertility doctor, again

So in the meantime, while we wait to be able to do the third IUI, my husband and I scheduled a meeting with our fertility doctor.  We wanted to know how many IUIs we should do before moving on to the next step (not that we knew what the next step was). The doctor recommended that we do IVF since we have had two failed IUIs.  He said that he thinks that IVF would be the best route to take.  So, my husband and I received a packet from the clinic with all the information about IVF along with many forms to fill out.  In the packet, we found information about the IVF procedure and the statistics for the clinic.  I must admit, I was terrified to find myself reading the IVF material and couldn't believe that at 33 (I had just turned 33 two weeks before) I was going to start my IVF journey.  Because the clinic requires that everyone (both partners) attend a class before starting IVF, and the clinic has this class every month, we calculated that we had enough time to do another IUI before starting with IVF.  I was relieved that we had the time to try IUI one more time since in my mind, I had told myself that I would do three rounds of IUI before moving on to anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment