Monday, June 8, 2015

And the first cycle is over :-(

I am devastated. After getting so many good news- 32 eggs retreived, 24 fertilized, all 24 making it to day 5, and 12 frozen, yesterday's call was a punch in the stomach. I went in for my beta test yesterday morning, and it came back negative, 2.2. Before getting the call, I was feeling very optimistic so I was in shock. The worse part was that I was home alone since my husband was at a conference. As soon as I hung up the phone with the nurse, I called my husband, and just started crying like a baby. I must admit that I was surprised by my reaction. I did not think that I was going to take it that hard, but I did, and it hurts, a lot.  To say the least, I cried on and off for the rest of the day.  I was feeling sorry for myself, trying to guess what is wrong with me, but the truth is no one knows what's going on.
What does the future hold? I don't know. I just know that after 3 failed IUIs and 1 failed IVF cycle, I am not ready to give up on having my baby. After all, my husband and I still have 12 precious frozen embryos on which we are not going to give up. I will keep you updated. Until next time. Good luck to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment