Friday, June 5, 2015

No more Gatorade, please!

So I have to say that you will start to feel better after your egg retreival. I was miserable for five days after mine. The added stress of potentially getting hyper stimulated was no help. I have to say that I cannot stand lemon Gatorade, or Gatorade for that matter. My RE has me drinking 8 12oz glasses of Gatorade a day, no water. I started drinking Gatorade two days before my egg retreival, but it was allow to drink water then. Now, my RE wants me to stay hydrated, and is concerned that drinking all that water for so long would only do harm. I was drinking  8 12oz glasses of water a day when I started my stimulation shots.  Luckily, I stumbled upon Nuun tablets four days after my egg retrieval. I was introduced to these by my brother-in-law, a runner, about three months when I was dehydrated, and thought I was going to pass out. I was at Whole Foods trying to find something appetizing to eat, and I saw the Nuun tablets. I asked my husband if I could take these and he said to take 1 tablet a day, and do Gatorade as well. The good thing, is that I do not have to drink the 8 glasses of Gatorade, the Nuun tablets hydrate me pretty well. These tablets have more electrolytes and less sugar (1g) so it's easier on my stomach. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, that I started feeling much better the day after I started taking the Nuun tablets. Now, I am not nauseous. I was super nauseous day 3 and 4 after my egg retreival, now I am starting to think that those symptoms are due to the Endometrin 3x a day).  I was able to two meals without feeling nauseous; it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment